Director:- Fr. Irudayam Savarimuthu SJ
Arrupe Legal Education, Research and Training (ALERT) Centre was established in 1993. The objectives and activities were same as SGVK but under the Society of Jesus. Alert Centre took up the issue of Panchayat Raj to ensure devolution of power to the General public.
In June 1992 Alert centre to took up the issue of Nearhat Field Firing Range (NFFR) that affected 245 villages of Latehar and Gumla districts, around 262,000 people are to be displaced in stages.
A people's organization called Jan Sangarsh Samitee (JSS) was created to lead a movement against the displacement of the people based on the Gandhian principles of Satyagra'ha and non-violence. They succeeded in achieving their goal so far.
Activities of alert centre trust after its formation:
1. Xaviers Hazaribag Association has spent '25 lacks for the infrastructure of a training centre at Pakripath.
2. The local people of the Parish also contributed voluntary labour in establishing the ACT.
3. Once in 6 months Social Audit through local NGOs in 2011-12 in collaboration with the villagers and Panchayat Representatives at Panchayat and Block Level of Garu and Mahuadanr Block.
4. Panchayat level SHG coordinators' Training.
5. Kisan Credit Card awareness and membership program.
6. The ACT organised a successful Adivasi Mahotsav program at Netarhat from 12th to 15 May 2012 of four days in collaboration with local PR representatives in which the tribal identity, culture and problems were highlighted.
7. ACT organised the training for local youth as Masons (9) and Carpenters (5) for 70 days.
8. ACT is also involved in legal education and awareness building in the area besides providing legal advice and legal help to the poor.
9. Alert centre from its beginning till now has published the following books for the benefit of the public:
a. Jharkhand Panchayati Raj Prashanotri,
b. PR Election guide,
c. ST reservation in employment issues,
d. Domicile issue,
e. Koel-Karo firing issue,
f. MNREGA, and g. RTI.
“Rooted in Christ and in partnership with people of good will, transforming relationships and structures to build a society based on Compassion, Justice, Reconciliation and service.”